27-28 September 2017
Trani (Bari), Italy
In occasion of the fifth anniversary of its establishment, FINEST is organizing its first Conference. The LUM University Jean Monnet will host the conference between the 27 and 28 September 2017 in Trani (Bari), i.e. is a wonderful small town in the south of Italy and it is 30 minutes by car from the Bari international airport.
We are very pleased to invite you to submit papers in all areas related to financial intermediation. Both theoretical and empirical papers are encouraged in areas, which include (but are not limited) to:
• Capital Structure
• Commercial and Asset-based Finance
• Corporate Governance
• Complex Banking Products and Financial Engineering
• Efficiency and Productivity Analysis
• Exchange Rates
• Financial Stability
• Microfinance and Economic Development
• Monetary Policy and Central Banking
• Financial Regulation and Supervision
• Risk Management
Your contribution to the FINEST 2017 Conference as a presenter, discussant or session chair is greatly appreciated. In addition to the regular sessions of academic research, the program will also include a Young Economist Session (YES).
- Manju Puri, J.B. Fuqua Professor of Finance at the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and Director of the FDIC's Center for Financial Research.
- Anjan Thakor, John E. Simon Professor of Finance at the Olin Business School at the Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL).
The 2017 FINEST conference is offered in partnership with:
- The Conference organizers in collaboration with the editors of the Journal of Financial Stability (JFS) will invite the authors of selected conference papers to submit their manuscripts to the JFS. Although there is no special issue associated with the Conference, the editorial team of the journal will ensure the selected papers undergo a fast-track review process while maintaining the otherwise regular editorial, refereeing, and revision standards of the journal. This special consideration is granted in light of the anticipated high caliber of the papers in the Conference program.
- Papers presented at the conference (excluding papers on mathematical finance) will be invited for submission to Economic Modelling (EM). These papers will have the review process expedited in collaboration with the conference organiser, but the process will follow the journal review guidelines.
|Submission Procedure Open
||1 March 2017
|Deadline for Paper/Detailed Abstract Submission
||9 April 2017
|Notification of Acceptance by
||1 May 2017
|Early-Bird Registration Deadline
||15 May 2017
|Conference Program Disclosure
||10 June 2017
|Papers Final Version Due Deadline
||1 September 2017
|Gala Dinner & Sightseeing
||27 September 2017
||from 9 am of September 27th
to 6 pm of September 28th, 2017
Please note thate we are able to provide letters of invitation only to authors presenting a paper. Conversely, we cannot send invitation letters to other people who wish to attend the conference. For any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
For further information: